Searching words in a different language can always be painful. And suppose they are stream of text together in a language, it even gets tougher for search engines to crawl and display results.
Word breaking is one of the key Natural Language Processing (NLP) features that enable search and improve search results (or recall). Word breakers split a stream of text into individual words or tokens on which you can base additional language processing. Word breakers are language-specific. In addition to built-in word breakers, Search in SharePoint 2013 enables the use of custom word breakers so that users can tune word breaking behavior according to their needs.
How to switch to a custom word breaker in SharePoint Server 2013
Take the following steps to replace the existing word breaker with a custom word breaker or replace the existing word breaker with a word breaker in another language.
- Open the Registry Editor, as follows:
Choose Start, and then choose Run.
In the Open dialog box, type Regedit, and then choose OK.
- In Registry Editor, select the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office Server\15.0\Search\Setup\ContentIndexCommon\LanguageResources\Default\language from the list below
- In the right pane, open the shortcut menu for the WBDLLPathOverride registry value, and then choose Modify.
- In the Edit String dialog box, in the Value data box, type the path to your custom word breaker DLL, and then choose OK. The new DLL should be located in the same path as the existing DLL that is being replaced.
- In the right pane, open the shortcut menu for the WBreakerClass registry value, and then choose Modify.
- In the Edit String dialog box, in the Value data box, type the class ID of your custom word breaker, and then choose OK.
- Restart the SharePoint Search Host Controller and SharePoint Server 2013.
- Do a full re-crawl.